Friday 26 February 2010

If in Japan

So, in about four hours I'm going to head out on a journey that involves taxi, coach, plane and train that'll take me to Japan. After about a decade of following Japanese culture, it's finally my chance to see it up close. At last I get to see how accurate the TV presentation is. Are all women really that attractive? Do all dour-faced father-figures secretly harbour a soft side? Is Japan really full of high-school student geniuses on both sides of the law?

Whatever. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. Expecting Japan to be like the version you get on the internet is like me expecting to fall into a Four Weddings and a Funeral type adventure on my way to work every morning. People who've been to Japan say I'm going to have a wonderful time, so that's nice. I'll try and keep this place updated as much as possible, but I'm kind of hoping it'll be so awesome, I won't have a chance to get to an internet cafe.

I'm not looking forward to the flight, though.

1 comment:

  1. have a safe trip, and fun time there!
    looking forward to your thoughts on J-culture xD You're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete