Sunday 6 March 2011

Just passing through...

My choice of what to watch next is a fairly random affair, often chosen because of an interesting synopsis. At least I thought it was, until earlier today when it occurred to me that there’d been an obvious path from one program to the next from Liar Game to the film version of Densha Otoko. So I sat down and tried to expand upon the idea.

Taking Galileo, Ashita no Kita Yoshio and Lost Time Life as my three starting points (since they were, as far as I can remember, completely random choices) I noticed how my viewing habits afterwards were influenced by the pretty actress involved far more than the actor, writer or director. The flow chart isn't complete: I didn’t spend too much time on it and I've watched more stuff than this – but I found it quite interesting... if perhaps a little disappointing. Much as I like to tell myself I’m looking for great stories, I’m just as interested in eye candy as the next man.

Talented eye candy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment