Thursday 7 March 2013

Still watching: Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou

This has turned into a nice little show. Not earth-shattering, or anything like that, but quite sweet in its own way. But I do wish the episodes were five minutes shorter. Each time, they start to explain the crime, I look at the time, and I realise there are still ten minutes left.


A lot of those minutes are taken up by the criminal explaining why they did what they did, and most of the time they're designed to bring a tear to the eye. Whether they do or not depends on how much you like books, I suppose.


It's been cleverly put together, though, with a sort of washed-out sepia-tone style, as if you can see the dust hanging in the air. It's a nice effect, and gives everything a timeless look. The director also seems to be a big fan of dramatic footsteps whenever someone important enters the shop.

And is it my imagination or are Shinokawa Shioriko's smiles getting wider and happier, as if she is slowly coming out of her shell. Maybe by the end of the series she might even laugh.

6 comments:

  1. I can't download from the rapidshare link - It says, "Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know. My first time with rapidshare, so I've probably messed up. I'll put a mediafire link instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for episode 8 subs; this is one drama that I watch as soon as your subs come out, even without the cliffhangers of episodes 5 & 6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, d-addicts is back (phew), so I took down the link to the subs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ep 10 subs are out of sync

    ReplyDelete